Enfield is a leading provider of Council housing services, and has one of the most ambitious and diverse programmes for housing delivery in the country.
The new Place Department leads an integrated Housing service which includes:
- the estate regeneration programme and development of new housing delivery opportunities
- all housing management and other housing services including homelessness prevention and temporary accommodation, allocations and Home Ownership, sheltered housing, etc.
- leading on a range of current and new initiatives to meet housing need in this thriving and diverse borough
- ensuring fire safety and best practice in all aspects of health and safety across the stock, including over 50 high rise blocks.
- responsibility for c. 11,000 tenants and 5,000 leaseholders, Housing Revenue Account income of £60 million p.a., capital budgets of £30 million p.a., and repairs and maintenance expenditure of £11 million p.a.
With challenging London Plan targets for additional homes each year, high numbers in temporary accommodation, a full programme of estate renewal projects to transform our estates, and communities impacted by welfare reform, housing market changes and changes to the local economy, the service operates in a challenging context which is shaping a culture of innovation and ambition.