Enfield’s new Planning Service brings together all of Enfield’s planning functions in to one coordinated service. The service works to define the spatial strategy, policies and infrastructure that are required to shape Enfield’s long term growth and success as a place and provides the expertise to successfully guide development proposals and planning applications through the development management and building control processes to determination and through to construction.
We are currently recruiting to the Head of Strategic Planning & Design – a great new role that will lead our approach to strategic planning and design in a collaborative way across the Council. Click here to find out more.
The new service brings together the Strategic Planning and Design service with the Development Management service and includes:
The Strategic Planning and Design Team
- Plan Making Team – responsible for developing, monitoring and providing advice on Enfield’s planning policy framework, including Enfield Local Plan
- CIL and S106 Infrastructure Team – responsible for Enfield’s CIL and S106 regime, collecting funding for infrastructure and managing how it is spent
- Heritage and Urban Design Team – responsible for enabling good design and the protection and enhancement of heritage in Enfield, managing the Place and Design Quality Review Panel and providing design and heritage advice, input and services to planning policy, development management and the wider Council
- Strategic Infrastructure and Growth Team – responsible for defining Enfield’s future spatial growth and infrastructure requirements and building positive relationships with stakeholders to ensure Enfield’s future prosperity
- Four Planning Decisions Teams – responsible for guiding development proposals through pre-application processes, managing PPAs and determining planning applications
- Enforcement Team – responsible for enforcing planning infringements across Enfield
- Building Control Team – responsible for providing a full, commercial Building Control service to customers both within Enfield and outside the Borough
Important current priorities for the Planning Service include:
- Developing an up to date Enfield Local Plan
- Developing an Area Action Plan for Edmonton Leeside
- Managing Enfield Place and Design Quality Review Panel
- Processing an average of 4900 planning applications a year
- Developing the Building Control service to extend its market share
To view out current roles, please click here.
|Planning and Building Control
|Enfield Place and Design Quality Panel
|Service Structure Chart
Head of Planning – Vincent Lacovara